On the Fence About Video Marketing?...Why Video Should Be Part of Your Marketing Strategy for 2020!
Updated: Feb 5
As I sit here writing the importance of video marketing, I just received some lovely feedback today from one of my clients regarding a corporate video we produced for them. Without trying to sound too boastful they were surprised by the amount of engagement, comments, likes the video had within the first 10 minutes of posting, ‘the most engagement we’ve had out of any posts across socials.’ They said.
Time and time again video has proven to be a very powerful medium for storytelling, allowing you to communicate your message through creativity, innovation and entertainment. Video helps establish an emotional connection with your customers and over the last decade it has become a very popular marketing tool to reach your audience. Video popularity has grown so dramatically that you can’t ignore it not becoming part of your marketing strategy.
This year I’ve seen some very innovative approaches to video marketing, here’s just a few ways you can use video within your business; videos for training, sales, product demonstrations, testimonials, onboarding and even teaser videos.
So, why video? Well check out some of these video marketing stats from Wyzol in their 2020 report;
• 95% of video marketers plan to increase or maintain video spend in 2020.
• 87% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website.
• 83% of video marketers say video helps them with lead generation.
• 80% of video marketers say video has directly helped increase sales.
And according to Hubspot in their The State of Video Marketing in 2020;
• 88% of video marketers reported that video gives them a positive ROI.
• 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
• 99% of current video marketers told us they’ll continue using video in 2020 and 95% plan to increase or maintain their spend.
Pretty impressive stats, right? Well that’s just a snapshot! Video marketing helps boost your online visibility of your brand, drive more traffic and increase website rankings in Google!
So, is it time to revisit your video marketing strategy for 2020?
Written by Justin Hawkins, Marketing & Projects @ Be More Creative
Be More Creative is a marketing and design hub supporting businesses throughout Sydney, Central Coast and South Coast across graphic design, videography, photography and print services.
To view more of Be More Creative services visit;